For over 20 years, the PMA has collaborated with the Maine Art Education Association to bring National Youth Art Month to Maine. This annual observance emphasizes the value of art education and encourages support for quality school art programs. At the PMA, this annual event comes with a reception and an exhibition that showcases artwork in a variety of media by K-12 students throughout the state.
Questions? Please contact the MAEA YAM co-chairs: Manon Lewis and Pam Ouellette
- You must be a current member of the Maine Art Education Association (MAEA). To check your membership status, click here or email Jodi Thomas before completing the online registration form.
- Please print and have parents complete and sign this permission form.
- You may submit one work of art per teacher per school. Student group work and work with multiple teachers is not allowed.
- Artwork should not exceed 18 x 24 inches.
- Artwork must be framed or in Plexiglas with gallery clips (no glass, please). Due to space limitations, the Museum cannot accept 3D sculpture that requires a pedestal. 3D work can be submitted if it is in a box frame or if it is relief work that can hang on the wall.
- Artwork must be ready to hang. Any work that does not come with appropriate hanging hardware will be returned to the teacher and not installed in the show.
- Respect the student work and remember that the work is hanging in a museum. Please be sure that work is framed and presented appropriately, that gallery clips are attached properly, and that Plexi is clean and free of scratches. Work that is not appropriately framed will be returned to the teacher and not installed in the show.
- Please mark the back of the student work with an up arrow (↑) to identify the top of the work. This is especially important for abstract art.
A digital image of the artwork is required. Please photograph the artwork before framing to avoid glare and make the image as high resolution as possible.
Before you register, please scan or photograph all artwork and ensure that you have access to a printer.