Click here to purchase tickets for the 10th Annual Winter Bash
Contemporaries is Portland's premier group for young arts supporters between the ages of 21 and 45 years old whose members provide essential unrestricted support for the museum's annual operations. Members represent a broad cross-section of Portland's young entrepreneurs, art-lovers, change-makers, and creative thinkers, and their energy and enthusiasm is crucial to the future of the Portland Museum of Art.
In addition to regular PMA membership benefits, Contemporaries enjoy exclusive events, reciprocal membership benefits, unique opportunities, and the chance to connect with other young people in our thriving community.
Contemporaries 2017 Events
Download the 2017 Contemporaries events brochure here.
General Membership Benefits
- 12 months of free, unlimited admission
- Free admission for unlimited children or grandchildren ages 18 and younger when accompanied by a member
- Annual subscription to Inside the Circle magazine
- Invitations to members-only special exhibition preview days
- One guest entry during members-only special exhibition preview days
- Invitations to members-only special exhibition opening events
- 10% discount in the PMA Store
- 10% discount in the PMA Café by Aurora Provisions
- Access to select members-only PMA Films and PMA Collection tours
- Monthly members-only email on current and upcoming exhibitions
- Monthly members-only email on PMA programs and events
- Ability to purchase discounted PMA Films tickets
- Ability to purchase discounted guest passes ($5 off)
- Ability to purchase discounted tickets to PMA programs and events
- Ability to purchase discounted tickets to Winslow Homer Studio Tours
Contemporaries Membership Benefits
- Ability to purchase tickets to attend the annual Winter Bash (two tickets maximum per household)
- Complimentary admission to the annual Midsummer Party
Individual level members receive complimentary admission for one and Dual level members receive complimentary admission for two.
- Invitation to attend the annual Holiday Open House with Director’s Circle
- Invitations to attend Art After Hours, special tours on select exhibitions led by Curatorial or Learning and Interpretation staff
- Reciprocal membership privileges at more than 70 art museums in North AmericaPersonalized membership cards
Contemporaries Individual $200
Join or Renew Here.
All of the benefits listed above and invitations for one person to all Contemporaries events. Individual-level members are eligible to purchase one additional ticket for guests to the Winter Bash and Midsummer Party. Two tickets maximum per household.
Contemporaries Dual $300
Join or Renew Here.
All of the benefits listed above and invitations for two individuals for all Contemporaries events. Two tickets maximum per household.
New! Contemporaries Council $1,000
The PMA is proud to introduce the Contemporaries Council, a new membership level created to offer the next generation of museum supporters a closer relationship with the PMA. All benefits offered at the Dual level, plus:
- Priority registration to the Winter Bash
- Invitation to an annual Sunset Picnic with Contemporaries Council members with the Judy and Leonard Lauder Director at the Winslow Homer Studio
- Invitations to cultural excursions, including museum day trips, artist studios, and private collection visits organized by the PMA
- Opportunity to arrange a special tour of the PMA collection or special exhibition led by Curatorial, Learning and Interpretation Staff, or a docent for up to ten guests (Arrangements must be made in advance with the Development Department.)
- Invitations to Preview and Opening Receptions with Director’s Circle celebrating major exhibitions
- Complimentary VIP passes and opportunity for special tours of art fairs, such as AIPAD Photography Show, Art Basel Miami Beach, Art Frieze New York, and EXPO Chicago
- Recognition in the Annual Report, on Donor Wall in the Selma Wolf Black Great Hall, and PMA website
Contemporaries Steering Committee
Molly Meyer, Co-chair
Mika Reynolds, Co-chair
Lila Hunt Davies
Mary Beth Lorenz
Click here for a list of Contemporaries members as of June 2016.